Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Italian Feast for 3

In an effort to lift Mom's spirits we ordered take out and enjoyed an Italian Feast for 3.
It's been a tradition in our family to wear hats when celebrating special occasions. Melanie's wearing the 'beach hat', Mom the 'sailor hat' and Angie the 'pretend to be cool hat'. It added some spice to our evening especially when we paraded down the hallways of the hospital.Here's Melanie sporting her sunning hat with goodwill tag still attached and the beloved mask worn by all who enter Sharon's room.Here's me and mom.
Before the 'big night' I got her all spoofed up. Part of that spoofing involved me cutting her hair. I have no idea how to cut hair. I am not trained nor have I had any practice doing so. But Mom asked me to give her a little trim and I obliged. She was amazingly trusting. So Lorna, when you cut her hair the next time be warned that novice hands gave her a little snip snip.Tiramisu was definitely a highlight of the evening. Mom had been craving the coffee and liquor-soaked layers of sponge cake with mascarpone cheese and chocolate for days. Delicioso!

No comments: