Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Hug from God

Another wish came true for me today August 5, 2010 because I became a Wish Granter with Make a Wish Foundation. I have wanted to be a volunteer for many years.

My first assignment was a little boy named Elijah who also has Leukemia. A wish granter meets with the family, spends time getting to know the child and submits paperwork for the wish.

Elijah's wish is that he would like to go on a special shopping spree and have a laptop computer. It was so special meeting him and be an encouragement to the grandmother who is raising him. I brought Church's Chicken because that was Elijah's favorite and he ate five chicken legs and drank root beer. His hair came in curly like mine after losing all of it. It was a special evening! Here are a couple pictures!

No comments: