Monday, January 26, 2009

Hi Everyone:

I just got home from being in the hospital for 10 days and I have to admit, it feels wonderful to not be looking at four walls and a small room.

I went to Dr. Verdi, on Jan. 15th and after taking a blood test, my white cell count went down to .7, which is neutropenic. He admitted me to the hospital immediately for another Bone marrow biopsy.

On Sunday I received a "Good Report" that there are no leukemia cells in the bone marrow.
That is a huge Praise and I am so grateful to God that I am in remission.

My white cell count had to be treated with medication to push the count up so I had to remain in the hospital.
On Saturday, my Hickman line (which was inserted surgically when I first went into the hospital), got a hole in the line so I had to undergo another surgical procedure for a new one to be inserted. After a platelet transfusion, they were able to do the surgery. Needless to say it was quite traumatic. I was unable to be fully sedated so I was fully aware of what was happening. I am thankful it is behind me.

I appreciate all of your prayers for continue healing and that my bone marrow will make the cells normal.

God Bless, Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We are so happy to hear your back at home.

Love Steph