Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mom's time in the hospital is going as well as can be expected. Its never fun to be living in tiny quarters but she makes the best of it with daily walks, visitors and conversations with the nursing staff.

The chemo treatments are going well. Her counts are good (3.4 white blood cell) however she is experiencing achy muscles, low energy levels and some nausea.

Today she had a special visit from our dear friends, Jim and Leta VanMeter. This was an unexpected blessing as they traveled through AZ on their way back to CO.

God is good. Thank you for your prayers.

Angie (Sharon's daughter)


(Angie, Caleb, Nana, Carissa during Mom's recent visit to CO)

2 comments:

pstewart said...

Sharon, It was so good to talk to you and hear your cheerful voice, even while in the hospital. Can't wait to get together. I pray every day that He walks with you as you get stronger and stronger, knowing that it is His strength, not yours, that will enable you to be strong and completely healed. Thanking Him that you can do all things through Him that gives you strength. All my love, hugs and prayers. Pat

Sue said...

Sharon,

It was so good to talk to you Sunday night. I was so releaved to hear that you sounded so well. You are an amazing woman with a heart of gold and faith enough for both of us. Thank you so much for catching up with me on family and especially for your selflessness in your concern for my son. Your praying with me for him meant the world to me and I just kept thinking 'she should be praying for her own situation'. You mean the world to me! So you have to get well, I think that God has much more work for you to do.

Love
Susie