Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Victory Day

Today, May 26, 2009 is a "Victory Day" with my diagnosis of leukemia, September 17, 2008.

I am so grateful to God of what He has done for me. He has healed my body. May this be a testimony of His goodness and His glory.

I arrived at the hospital (this being the 70th day) and they gave me a local to remove my Hickman line in the surgical room. I will have to admit it was very painful but I am now free from flushing lines daily with saline and heparin solutions and having my port redressed every week. I am so happy to have it removed.

Look at my picture... My hair is growing back!
And, instead of it being straight, it is coming in curly! How fun is that? I have received wonderful care and kindness with all of the doctors and nurses. Today I was able to visit the oncology floor and see Rachelle, the head nurse, and the nursing staff who shared in my good news. They have all witnessed the "miracle" that I am and have seen the answered prayers of many. Thank you!

It has been a wonderful, emotional day!

God Bless,

Love, Sharon

No comments: