Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Making Progress

Sharon is making progress.

Today is 'day 5' of her chemo and is the last day of this cycle. Side effects have been minimal considering the aggressiveness of the drug. The number of white blood cells have dropped rapidly the past four days. This is a positive indicator that the drug is doing its job. Amen!

Please pray specifically for:
  • nausea and vomiting
  • back pain (a side effect she has had in the past) partly bed related, mostly drug related
  • peace and lack of anxiety
  • the hours to quickly pass. Sharon dislikes the hospital greatly
  • God's story to be bigger than the medical story
To God be the glory,

Angela
(Sharon's daughter)

2 comments:

previous postings said...

Thinking of you and praying for your quick recovery. Sending the Word in the Spirit to deliver you from destruction.

Much love,
Laura

Jazzijules said...

Sharon, I love the new pictures! They are priceless! I am so happy that everyone could be near you Sharon. I am praying as often as God brings you to my mind, which is a lot. You are loved Sharon...and you have been such a light to those in your corner of the world. I know many are praying for you so I trust God is shedding much grace upon you in this fight.

I wish so much I could be there with you. I'm stuck in a corn field full of snow in Indiana though. lol There is so much snow my road is almost impassable! Being trapped inside forces you to ponder life, which is good. Sharon just know how much I treasure you, one of the best friends I've had all my life. You are amazing, you are so special, and I know God is using you daily in a mighty way as a testimony. Thank you for all the love you've shown me over the years, all the gifts, all the letters and cards! I love you with all my heart my friend! Hang in there...we're all praying incessantly for that miracle!!

Julie