Wednesday, January 27, 2010

'D' Day

With all of the test results 'in' today was 'Decision Day' for my mom.

Here's the e-mail that she sent out to those close to her heart:

Today was a difficult day for me as I heard the report that I will have to go back to the hospital for more chemotherapy treatment.

Dr. Verdi said that my hospital stay will probably be about 30 days depending on how I respond to this particular drug.

The detailed report we received from California and the results of my bone marrow biopsy is not too good. The leukemia has returned and is in 90% of the marrow of the bone. My only option for continued life is to undergo more treatment.

The care at Arrowhead Hospital is wonderful and I know that I have to go in with a positive mental attitude, trusting the Lord to give me strength to endure what is ahead of me.

I was given a gift of having this past week with my sisters and my daughter Angela is coming from Colorado Springs tomorrow to love and support me for several days.

The Lord is giving me His peace that surpasses all understanding and I am standing and believing that my Jehovah Shalom is my hope and my peace.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

In His Grip and Care,

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sharon:
I will be faithful to lift your needs to the Great Physician - as were countless others who prayed as I went through three rounds of chemo, and finally, bone marrow transplant on 12/20/05. God continues to performs miracles, and he does not deal in percentages.
2 Corinthians 1:3,4
God Bless you, "real good".
C. L. Ellis
Pasadena ISD Police Department
Texas.